The Mentor Role Model Program provides children and adults the opportunity to bring about positive change in their lives as well as their community. Our program offers one-on-one mentoring team building adventures and exposure to STEM enrichment activities for children in the Halifax County.
The Mentor Program Coordinator develops and facilitates community engagement initiatives and leadership development programs. The Mentor Program Coordinator must have a positive attitude, creative mind, and passion for community development.
- Screen all potential mentor candidates through interviews and background checks.
- Oversee specialized mentor training and handbook.
- Coordinate and oversee mentor/mentee matching process.
- Supervise on-going mentor/mentee relationship including management of mentee reporting and providing mentor support.
- Plan and execute quarterly reporting of mentor program.
- Plan and execute scheduled outings and celebrations.
- Promote the goals and vision of the mentoring program in the community.
- Maintain and expand relationships with referring agencies.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials for programs and events.
- Manage program budget and resources in a responsible manner.
- Collect monthly client statistics and write monthly reports.
- Other program related duties, as assigned by the Director and/or President/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field with at least two years of experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in community development, civic engagement and/or leadership development is required; program and project planning experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office strongly preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Sit 50% of workday
- Stand 50% of workday
- Uses computer, calculator and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift 25 pounds
“Agency employees share in the responsibility to mobilize community resources and promote community awareness in support of Tri-County Community Action Agency’s anti-poverty efforts.”