This position helps individuals seeking housing services in the Halifax and Charlotte counties with partnerships through our agency.
- Minimum of two years of college or equivalent administrative skills required.
- Must be proficient in computer skills, preferably with knowledge of Weatherization Hancock Software.
- Must be a certified loan application packager by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) rural Development or willing to obtain within one year.
- Knowledge required or willing to learn programs such as Weatherization, Emergency Home and Accessibility Repair Program, USDA Direct Loan Program, and Private Jobs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism. • Must be able to pass background checks.
- Respond to customers’ requests for assistance by assessing service needs, assisting with the application process by gathering the necessary documents, and assisting with completion of the application.
- Greet customers seeking services, perform initial customer screening including suitability and eligibility and provide program information.
- Assist Weatherization Energy Auditor and Quality Control staff with use of Hancock Software technology to accomplish job functions to ensure all necessary documentations are input into system.
- Assist potential applicants seeking affordable homeownership through USDA with the application process by gathering the necessary documents, assisting with completion of the application, reviewing the documentation to determine if the potential applicant may qualify, and providing counseling to those who may not yet be ready for homeownership.
- Maintain close professional relationship with local services organizations and local rural development office in the target area.
- Maintain files and record of individuals served, services provided, outreach activities conducted and other general reporting as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Sit 50% of workday
- Stand 50% of workday
- Use computer, calculator and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift 25 pounds
“Agency employees share in the responsibility to mobilize community resources and promote community awareness in support of Tri-County Community Action Agency’s anti-poverty efforts.”