The Fiscal technician is responsible for data entry and maintenance of the Agency’s Fiscal records and reports under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer. The accounting duties include entry and processing of invoices and disbursements, for timely payments, and reporting of Agency expenses.
- Minimum of two years’ experience or an associate’s degree in accounting / business management from a credible education institution.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of accounting and automated data entry
- Good computer skills
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public, funding sources and other departments within the agency.
- Responsible for the preparation and disbursement of payroll, processing time and attendance records
- Backup for generating checks and/or vouchers ledger reports and financial summaries for review as part of the processing of accounts payable
- Running general ledger reports to assist in the preparation of the Agency-wide Expenditure report and annual budget
- Develop day-to-day accounting procedures that improve efficiency and effectiveness in the Agency’s financial operation.
- Participates in fiscal management training and related topics in order to maintain high standards in fiscal operations.
- To perform all other accounting duties that may be assigned by the CFO
- Sit 50% of workday
- Stand 50% of workday
- Use computer, calculator and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift 25 pounds
“Agency employees share in the responsibility to mobilize community resources and promote community awareness in support of Tri-County Community Action Agency’s anti-poverty efforts.”