The Director of Housing Services provides direction and oversight of all housing service projects in the Halifax and Charlotte counties through partnership with the following programs:
- Weatherization services through the Low-IncomeHeating and EnergyAssistance Program (LIHEAP)and the Weatherization AssistanceProgram(WAP).
- Plumbing services through the Indoor Plumbing and RehabilitationProgram(IPR).
- Energy services through the HomeEnergy Loss Prevention Program (HELP).
- Private Jobs Initiative for clients not eligible for low-to-moderate income housing services.
- Extensive training and/or experience in housing services required.
- Thorough knowledge of the various housing programs.\
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Willing to travel and stay overnight when necessary.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Plans, directs, and monitors the implementation of a comprehensive program of home weatherization and energy conservation services in accordance with the approved Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) contract and federal and state regulations and policies.
- Directs and oversees all activities with home energy conservation, repair, and installation of energy efficient materials based on DHCD contractual agreements as well as the implementation of weatherization measures for the private job’s initiative.
- Provides effective program organization and management which will ensure the completion of all weatherization projects and housing services activities.
- Participates in all phases of staff energy conversation and home weatherization training; attends conferences, lectures and workshops as needed.
- Approves the requisition of tools, equipment materials, and supplies as needed for the effective and efficient completion of housing services projects; assumes full responsibility for the inventory control and maintenance of project equipment; maintain compliance with the Virginia DHCD and the Department of Energy (DOE) inventory guidelines.
- Ensures proper documentation of all programs is completed to comply with contract requirements and appropriate measures are followed in serving the housing clients.
- Responsible for submission of contractual reports for all housing services programs.
- Prepare summary reports for the Board of Directors meetings.
- Complete budgets and expenditure reports for housing services, evaluates expenditures on a regular basis to ensure compliance with contracts and makes recommendations for
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sit 50% of workday
- Stand 50% of workday
- Use computer, calculator and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift 25 pounds
“Agency employees share in the responsibility to mobilize community resources and promote community awareness in support of Tri-County Community Action Agency’s anti-poverty efforts.”