The Carpenter assists the crew leader and performs specific Weatherization activities to carry out installation standards of contract between Tri County Community Action and DHCD. The employee reports directly to the crew leader and is responsible for implementing and completing those assignments given by the crew leader and/or the Housing Services Program Coordinator.
- Assist in loading and unloading materials and tools as needed
- Keep track of materials and tools while on the job and reload at the end of the day
- Install materials in accordance to the installation standards developed by DHCD, Tri County Community Action Agency and/or other funding sources
- Master air diagnostic test and air sealing techniques within six months of hire
- Must be in such health as to lift materials and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. on constant basis.
- Willing to travel out of area and overnight for training pertaining to the weatherization program and job classification
- Place material orders, record receipts and pick up material through an established purchase order system.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Perform other duties as assigned by crew leader.
- Sit 50% of workday
- Stand 50% of workday
- Use computer, calculator and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift 100 pounds
- High School or GED preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and complete numerous weatherization skills
- Experience and training in home construction is a plus
- Employee required to maintain a “good” driving record and ensure that the driver’s license is current
“Agency employees share in the responsibility to mobilize community resources and promote community awareness in support of Tri-County Community Action Agency’s anti-poverty efforts.”